Monday, December 6, 2010

Welcome!

Having lived in Ann Arbor now for nine years, I feel I can finally call myself a true local. Coming to the University of Michigan from my home of Wellington, New Zealand has been a cultural change to be sure, but one of the major similarities between the two cities is the abundance of restaurants, cafes, cultural events, and live music shows. For a town with only 115,000 residents, A2 must have one of the best eating option/person ratios in the country (the first of what will be many made up terms).

My goal of this blog is to:

(1)Provide visitors and locals with a personal perspective on good spots to hit up when going into town.
(2)Promote Ann Arbor as one of the best cities in the country to live in or visit.
(3)Give me some validation or excuse to keep eating out far more often than my wife and I probably should.
(4)As (or if) the blog grows, to help me get more marketing experience, using the site to advertise local businesses. I will eventually need to get a job when my athletic career is over, so I may as well start getting some real world experience before I'm thirty four (Rio 2016 is probably when I'll call it a day)

I do not claim to be a good writer (though my wife is a professional writing masters student at EMU, so hopefully some of her knowledge will rub off on me as this blog progresses), but my posts will be attempting to show what a great little city Ann Arbor is, and I continue to discover to be every day that I live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment